M E Fuller has been in love with stories and words from her earliest beginnings. In 2015 she took the plunge to work full time as a writer and visual artist. Fuller, who had been writing client copy for decades, was struggling with her first book-length manuscript and realized that writing a novel was an entirely different orientation to storytelling.
She received grant assistance from her regional arts council to take classes and workshops that taught the craft of creative writing. Her resulting first novel, Saving the Ghost, is a powerful story of survival and emotional healing. You can read the first chapter for free.
Fuller has published other short works as well and is experimenting with new genres: cozy mystery and dark fantasy. Both new works are scheduled to be published in 2021.
Creative Writing: Cozy Mystery, Dark Fantasy, Essay, Flash & Literary Fiction
- Worlds and Words: 2017-2020
- Greyhairs Rising, year-long blog series designed to encourage retired artists, November 2016 to October 2017
- Bad Mood Good Mood, satirical essays, 2009 to 2015
A new blog begins in 2021 to cover topics on the writer’s mentoring process, coaching experiences, and more.
- 2021 – Southwest Minnesota Arts Council – emerging artist grant.
- 2021 – Minnesota State Arts Board Creative Support for Individuals
- 2017 – Artist Project Grant, Five Wings Arts Council with funds from The McKnight Foundation, to complete for publication, her first novel, Saving the Ghost.
- 2015 – Artist Project Grant, Five Wings Arts Council with funds from The McKnight Foundation, to complete the first draft of Saving the Ghost.
RESIDENCIES & RETREATS
- 2-day memoir workshop with Kao Kalia Yang, Park Rapids, MN, August 21 -22, 2019
- Week-long intensive with Sheila O’Connor, College of Saint Benedict, July 16-20
- Chippewa Valley Writer’s Guild – 5-day residency with Nickolas Butler and B J Hollars, June 2017
- Springboard for the Arts Hinge Artist in residence, Fergus Falls, MN, November-December 2017